According to John: Jesus is the Son of God who accomplishes the Eternal plans of salvation. Jesus is the automate revelation of his father and only one who is able to make the eternal life available to all those who put they faith in him.
As the other 3 gospel witness began they accounts with the birth of Jesus or his earthly ministry, John began his gospel by saying that the Son of God had being involved with the father in creation and now the father was being revealed through the one and only Son.
Other way John communicate glorious message was in “I AM” sayings made by Jesus. In this statements Jesus saluted to God convent name Yahweh.
We see in Exodus that God explain the name Yahweh means “I AM”
- Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
- Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
- Joh 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- Joh 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
- Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
- Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
- Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
- Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
- Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Jesus Christ declared himself to be the bearer of the Old Testament name of God “I AM” and revealed God as a person. Jesus placed at the centre of God eternal plans of salvation particular evident of Jesus as a highly priest prayer in John 17.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
Jesus related the salvation of his follower to the love the father had for the son before creation, his point was that our salvation is outpouring of the father love for Jesus.