The Epistle to the Ephesians, additionally called the Letter to the Ephesians and frequently abbreviated to Ephesians, is the tenth book of the New Testament. Its origin has customarily been credited to Paul the Apostle however, beginning in 1792, this has been tested as Deutero-Pauline, that is, composed in Paul’s name by a later creator emphatically impacted by Paul’s idea.
The main theme of Ephesians is “the Church, which is the Body of Christ.”
Outline of Ephesians
- 1:1,2. The greeting
- 1:3–2:10. A general account of the blessings that the gospel reveals. This includes the source of these blessings, the means by which they are attained, the reason why they are given, and their final result. The whole of the section 1:3–23 consists in the original Greek of just two lengthy and complex sentences (1:3–14,15-23). It ends with a fervent prayer for the further spiritual enrichment of the Ephesians.
- 2:11–3:21. A description of the change in the spiritual position of Gentiles as a result of the work of Christ. It ends with an account of how Paul was selected and qualified to be an apostle to the Gentiles, in the hope that this will keep them from being dispirited and lead him to pray for them.
- 4:1–16. A chapter on unity in the midst of the diversity of gifts among believers.
- 4:17–6:9. Instructions about ordinary life and different relationships.
- 6:10–24. The imagery of spiritual warfare (including the metaphor of the Armor of God), the mission of Tychicus, and valedictory blessings.
Understanding The Book of Ephesians Summary & Commentary Bible Study Guide
2 thoughts on “Book of Ephesians”
Who should I believe more? Paul, who said he was the author of Ephesians, or someone from 1792 who claims to know more?
I would rather believe the author. I have found that pseudo scholars who chip away at the authorship of the scriptures are usually liberal in the rest of their interpretation of scripture. i.e. they look at the scriptures as any other book, rather than divinely inspired.
Believe Holy Spirit he will guide you to Truth